“LIKE HIRING AN INTERN”
The data shows that AI has effortlessly become part of our everyday lives
FROM PLANNING A garden to organizing a meal…making a playlist to designing a gift…writing an office memo to composing a wedding speech…skimming a reading list to sorting through massive photo archives—these days, AI is being used in all sorts of ways to make people’s personal lives easier. There are even GPS-guided robot bees that help in pollination, rap-lyric platforms for would-be hip-hop stars, and AI-enabled “smart” toothbrushes to clean your teeth better. “It feels like I hired an intern,” one interviewee told The New York Times for a feature called “35 Ways Real People Are Using AI Right Now.” And of course the use of AI in business is soaring. The statistics are all over the place, so we’re citing only those with reputable sources. Take a look:
- ChatGPT had 1 million users within the first 5 days of being available.
- 1 in 10 cars will be self-driving by 2030. (Forbes)
- More than half of Americans use voice assistants for information purposes.
- Data shows that the top voice assistant by accuracy is Google Assistant.
- A whopping 83% of companies deem AI to be a top priority in their business strategy.
- More than 60% of business owners say AI will increase productivity.
- More than 60% of business owners say AI will improve customer relationships.
- 19 in every 20 customer interactions will be AI-assisted by 2025.
- 65% of consumers say they’ll still trust businesses that use AI. (Forbes)
- Nearly half of all businesses use some form of machine learning, data analysis, or AI to maintain the accuracy of their data.
- AI algorithms increase leads by as much as 50%. (Harvard Business Review)
- The wearable AI market is expected to reach $180 billion by 2025.
(Global Market Insights)
- Netflix’s recommendations technology is worth $1 billion in revenue annually.
- More than 1 in 3 medical professionals now use computer systems as their diagnosis assistants.
- AI tech is expected to increase baking industry revenue by $1 billion in the next three years.
- The global AI market is currently worth $136.6 billion.
- Nearly 100 million people will be working in the AI space by 2025.
- AI is expected to see an annual growth rate of 37.3% from 2023 to 2030.
- AI could potentially contribute $13 trillion to the global economy by 2030.
(McKinsey & Company)